GALLERY 2.0 at the Saratoga Brooklyn Public Library Branch
May 1 – June 30, 2019
With the support of the Brooklyn Arts Council and the Brooklyn Public Library and on generous loan from the DUMBO BID, GALLERY 2.0 moves to the Saratoga BPL Branch for Nathan Sinai Rayman’s Artist on Site Residency. GALLERY 2.0 will showcase existing programming, such as the Artist-of-the-Month, promote the Summer Reading Kick-Off launch with the NEA, and conclude with an NEA solo exhibition by Catalina Tuca.
THE NEA AT THE SUMMER READING LAUNCH KICK-OFF EVENT
JUNE 1, 2019
12 – 5 PM
May Artist-of-the-Month : KAM LUCAS
May 18 – 28, 2019
The NEA at SPRING/BREAK Art Show 2019
The NEA is the Network of Extraordinary Artists
Founded as part of Nathan Sinai Rayman's GALLERY CUBED and launched at the 2019 SPRING/BREAK Art Show, the NEA supports international artists applying for the “Aliens with Extraordinary Abilities” O-1 US Visa or Green Card by providing opportunities to fulfill categories selected by the USICS to prove extraordinariness to immigration authorities.
As part of Rayman’s Artist on Site Residency by the Brooklyn Arts Council and the Brooklyn Public Library, he invites proposals to be considered for the NEA at the BPL: a one day event of rotating, short-duration solo shows by NEA artists at the Saratoga Branch of the Brooklyn Public Library in conjunction with the BPL-wide, outer space themed Summer Reading Kick-Off Event, “A Universe of Stories”. All shows will take place in the GALLERY: a compact (4'x8'x8'), modular, portable, collapsible white cube franchise gallery
If you or anyone you know fulfills the following criteria, please submit proposals here! Feel free to forward this info. Submission deadline is May 28th at 11:59pm.
1. Applicants must be applying for the “Aliens with Extraordinary Abilities” O-1 US Visa or Green Card.
2. Applicants must live within a 1 mile radius of the Saratoga branch of the Brooklyn Public Library: 8 Thomas S. Boyland St., Brooklyn, NY 11233
3. Applicants must be available for anytime 12-5pm on Saturday, June 1st, or be sure to have a responsible representative present.
4. Applicants or responsible representatives must be able to perform all installation and deinstallation duties or make sure to have capable assistance, if needed.
5. Applicants must not have participated in an NEA solo show in the past 12 months.
GALLERY 4.0 at Live at the Archway: Thursdays June 13 – August 29, 2019
For the 3rd season, the DUMBO BID presents the GALLERY at each Live at the Archway! This summer opens with the unveiling of GALLERY 4.0 and an exhibition by ROSE NESTLER : PLENTY OF POCKETS.